The Official PDMC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official PDMC Forum

The Official Purbeck and District motorcycle club forum.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recommended bike shops..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
squirreleater
The Web monkey
squirreleater

Recommended bike shops.. Empty
PostSubject: Recommended bike shops..   Recommended bike shops.. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jul - 10:11

Hi, can you let me know of any bike shops you recommend for me to visit with a view of changing my bike. I'm a bit out of the loop and I'm struggling to actually find many that do a decent selection of second hand bikes.

Cheers,
Stu.
Back to top Go down
https://pdmc-motorcycle-club.forumotion.com
Thundercatjockey
Chairman
Thundercatjockey

PostSubject: Re: Recommended bike shops..   Recommended bike shops.. Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jul - 6:41

Hi Stu,

A recommendation can be a bit hit and miss, what one person likes is no good for some else.  As you may well know I use Poole Motorcycles and after 5 road bikes and 11 off road bikes I would buy from them again.  So why not go along and ask for Andy (the boss) and see what he has to offer you. Mention my name, it just might help.

Happy hunting  Alf.  Recommended bike shops.. 720760
Back to top Go down
squirreleater
The Web monkey
squirreleater

PostSubject: Re: Recommended bike shops..   Recommended bike shops.. Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul - 4:48

Hi Alf, thanks.
I meant I don't actually know where bike shops are nowadays, some of the obvious ones like Sideways have gone, I just want to know of shops that do a modest range of 2nd hand bikes..
I'll also watch for your next food run and say hello...
Back to top Go down
PlayGirl
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
PlayGirl

PostSubject: Re: Recommended bike shops..   Recommended bike shops.. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug - 12:20

Have you tried Ebay ? I found all three of my bikes on there....mind you , not one of them looked like their photo and getting them home's a pain,,,,, the car boot's just not big enough !!! Wink lol!
Back to top Go down
Cool Brand Owner
I have no friends.....only a pc
Cool Brand Owner

PostSubject: Re: Recommended bike shops..   Recommended bike shops.. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug - 13:07

PlayGirl wrote:
Have you tried Ebay ? I found all three of my bikes on there....mind you , not one of them looked like their photo and getting them home's a pain,,,,, the car boot's just not big enough !!!   Wink lol!

What! Even for Rossi!! Wink lol! 
Back to top Go down
squirreleater
The Web monkey
squirreleater

PostSubject: Re: Recommended bike shops..   Recommended bike shops.. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug - 13:16

Well,I went close, nearly swapped the Klv for Drz, but decided against it.
Then nearly just let it go as they needed some stock for the shop, but again coughed at the 11th hour...
So I've still got the Orange chugaboom..
I will trade it, buy only against a 'proper' supermoto, IE, one with more than 70bhp....if you know of one at a dealer, let me know!
Oh, boring fact, the klv has lost hardly£500 in showroom value in about 6 years or so, not bloody bad!
Back to top Go down
PlayGirl
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
PlayGirl

PostSubject: Re: Recommended bike shops..   Recommended bike shops.. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug - 13:24

Have you seen my car Coolbrand.....it's a tiny little 2 seater sports car, so no , not even Rossi would fit ! Most of him is in boxes ( Richard trying to fix the fuel line ) so perhaps he would fit at a push !!!!
Back to top Go down
Cool Brand Owner
Cool Brand Owner

PostSubject: Re: Recommended bike shops..   Recommended bike shops.. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug - 13:39

Well he is used to being pushed! Recommended bike shops.. 901134  Oh here we go again!! Recommended bike shops.. 720760 lol! 
Back to top Go down
PlayGirl
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
PlayGirl

PostSubject: Re: Recommended bike shops..   Recommended bike shops.. Icon_minitimeThu 8 Aug - 12:04

I never once pushed that bike......apart from when i seized the engine, he never let me down !!!Recommended bike shops.. 945240 Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended bike shops..   Recommended bike shops.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommended bike shops..
Page 1 of 1